Five (5) hours of online didactic instruction covering the following subject areas:
- Ethics and jurisprudence.
- Plaque and material alba.
- Intrinsic and extrinsic stain.
- Abrasive agents.
- Use of a slow speed hand piece, prophy cup, and occlusal polishing brush.
- Theory of selective polishing.
- Infection control.
Two (2) hours of laboratory work, including a mannequin and two (2) live patients, in the use of a slow speed hand piece, prophy cup, and occlusal polishing brush and hand dexterity. Clinical competency demonstrated on a minimum of five (5) patients
Fluoride application course (828 IAC 6-1-1 Caries prevention)
(1) Nine (9) hours of didactic instruction covering the following subject areas:
(A) Ethics and jurisprudence.
(B) Reasons for fluoride.
(C) Systemic fluoride.
(D) Topical fluoride.
(E) Toxicity of fluoride.
(F) Fluoride application.
(G) Infection control.
(2) Two (2) hours of laboratory work, including a mannequin and two (2) live patients, in topical fluoride applications.
(3) Clinical competency demonstrated on a minimum of five (5) patients.
Included is a thorough study in sealant techniques, products and placement, along with anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and dental emergencies.
Requirements: A dental assistant who has been employed in a dental practice for a minimum of one (1) year or has graduated from a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association and who has completed the requirements may polish the coronal surface of teeth under the direct supervision of a licensed dentist.
Assistants must agree to act as a patient for coronal polishing, follow OSHA guidelines for infection control, and use Personal Protective Equipment.
This course is consistent with the guidelines of the Indiana Dental Practice Act. All educational and clinical requirements are in accordance with the State of Indiana.
December 13th 9:30am-1:30pm. Location: 7777 West North Avenue River Forest, Il 60305
January 17th 9:30am-1:30pm. Location: 7777 West North Avenue River Forest, Il 60305